About Bangladesh Medical College
Bangladesh Medical College is the most established private medical college in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Medical Studies and Research Institute (BMSRI) had established this college in 1986, a non-profit association that runs the college and related hospital. Affiliation was granted to this college by the University of Dhaka in 1988. This college is affiliated to Dhaka University. Late Prof. Mohammad Yusuf Ali was the founder of the Institute with its founder principal being Dr A.H.M Samsul Haque.
Bangladesh Medical College offers several courses to its students, supported by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC), including a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme from the Dhaka University. After completing the final examination, it is compulsory to do a one-year internship. The internship is essential for acquiring registration from the BMDC to start practicing as a doctor.
Bangladesh Medical College Highlights
Bangladesh Medical College Admissions
It is mandatory to qualify NEET to apply for MBBS abroad for Indian students. National Medical Commission (NMC), issues an equivalency certificate for students to study MBBS abroad. To pursue MBBS in Bangladesh, candidates must qualify NEET-UG. The following are the main points that must be considered before applying to the college:
- Class 12 pass out can apply.
- Candidates should be of at least 17 years of age at the time of application.
- The candidate should not have more than one year gap post the intermediate exam.
- Indian students should have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their mandatory subjects in class 11 and 12.
- At least 60% marks in PCB in class 12th is required for application.
Bangladesh Medical College Facilities
- Hostels with 24×7 high security both for boys and girls.
- Gives homely feeling to the students particularly to Indian students because the neighbouring countries have many things in common.
- Excellent hostel facilities with furnished and well decorated rooms for foreign students.
- Spacious campus with good ventilation. The centralised air system makes the environment relaxing.
- Hostels at Bangladesh Medical College include all fundamental conveniences like internet access, TV, and telephone facilities in the rooms.
- Reading rooms and gymnasiums with good equipment are set up for the use of students.
- The cafeteria is very cheap and provides good food.
- Regular extra-curricular classes are arranged for students.
- All essential amenities are given in the hostel rooms which incorporate bedding, covers, pantry, tables, fans, etc.
Courses Offered at Bangladesh Medical College
Top Colleges in Dhaka
US- Bangla Medical College
The US- Bangla Medical College was officially set up in Dhaka, Bangladesh in the year 2013. It offers several courses including a five-year program for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). Students graduated from this college are placed in several hospitals and dental clinics around the world.
Enam Medical College
Considered one of the finest private medical colleges of Bangladesh, Enam Medical College and Hospital thrives for talent acquisition and provides quality education. EMC is affiliated to the University of Dhaka and has been serving the underprivileged sections since 2003. EMC is situated in the capital city and includes modern infrastructure for medical education and adequate industrial pharmaceutical machinery to train their students.
Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
Established in the year 1999-2000 by the Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Smt. Sheikh Hasina, Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College (HFRCMC) is one of the premiere higher education medical institutes of South Asia.
Anwer Khan Modern Medical College
The Anwer Khan Modern Medical College is situated in the capital city of Bangladesh and is one of the most prestigious colleges for Medical Science. The college is ranked 114th in the country and offers a 5 year MBBS degree programme (1 year internship included) at a price lower than most of the medical colleges across the globe.
Bangladesh Medical College
Bangladesh Medical College is the most established private medical college in Bangladesh. The Bangladesh Medical Studies and Research Institute (BMSRI) had established this college in 1986, a non-profit association that runs the college and related hospital.
Tairunnessa Memorial Medical College and Hospital
Located in Bangladesh, Tairunnessa Memorial Medical College (TMMC) is a private college established in the year 1995. It is listed to be one of the top colleges by the World Directory of Medical Schools and by the International Medical Education Directory (IMED).